Click here to learn more.
CSI: Property Management - 7 Elective CPD Points
Working in residential PM means working in the inner sanctums of people’s lives – and on occasion, being exposed to unlawful behaviour. In 2020, WCPT are taking a deep dive into the many criminal – and not – activities and behaviours that a property manager might encounter. This 7-hour session of case-studies based around real stories and actual PM experiences is a must-have for all the PM risk managers, crisis handlers and disaster responders out there. Together we will investigate:
- Drugs, Death and FDV.
- Forensic cleanups
- Fraudulent activities
- When the PM turns criminal: trust account fraud and fake invoices.
- Court processes.
- Tenant, Owner and PM dynamics.
FDV: The Reality for Property Managers - 3.5 Elective Points
Warning:This session contains sensitive content on the amendments to the Residential Tenancies Act 1987 regarding family violence. The sensitive nature of this content may cause distress for some people. More information coming soon.
I want to subdivide - Can you sell it for me? - 3.5 Elective CPD Points
Subdivision - massive growth area, massive potential but a minefield for the unwary! When your client says "I want to subdivide - can you sell it for me?" what is likely to be your response? This session is aimed at agents and sales representatives involved with clients who are contemplating or are in the process of subdividing their property. You will learn about the process including approvals, timeframes, documentation, contract writing, GST withholding and the common causes of delays and issues.
Three 'less than ideal' case studies will demonstrate the risks and pitfalls involved in not following due process when selling such property. Truth: There is enormous upside potential to being involved in the strata subdivision tsunami - but there are also plenty of risks. Protect yourself and your customers by getting your facts straight and your expertise sharp.
Retail & Commercial Elective - 7 Elective CPD Points
Every year WCPT package the detail that industry ask for into CPD-approved learning - and retail and commercial CPD is no exception. This year our Retail and Commercial 7 Point CPD session is crammed with relevant topics and presented by engaging experts. Real industry insights and performance improving specifics? That’s the kind of attention that retail and commercial CPD deserves.
- Retail is Detail: The ins and outs of retail shop leases & leasing presented by a lawyer.
- Rent Reviews: The how and why of commercial & retail rent reviews presented by a highly skilled valuer with many years hand-on experience.
- Facilities Management: Encompassing all activities related to keeping a building or complex operating (including safety, security, comfort and maintenence - the issues which, if we get them wrong, may have serious consequences for a real estate agent).
- Settlements: Settlement agents can bring a whole new perspective to a commercial transaction. Hear from one of Perth's most experienced and respected - Valerie Haskins.
- Risk Management: An experienced risk consultant will unpack risk management in retail and commercial centres.
- And much more!
A very limited number of these sessions will run in 2020: book now to make sure you don't miss out and see why WCPT CPD sessions are the talk of the (very specifically retail and commercial) town.
Sales 7 Point Elective CPD Session 2020
Every year WCPT package our most asked questions, most impactful legal changes and most significant operational risks into 7 hours of real estate sales insights that we call our flagship elective CPD session. Join a cast of expert presenters including WCPT CEO and Director of Education Jackie Crank for a day of real estate knowledge nuggets that promise to continue to change the way you think and work.
Easy Economics: Prepare yourself to answer real estate’s most pressing objection… “I’m just waiting for the Perth property market to recover”.
- What drives the property market?
- What is unique about the WA economy?
- The story of the boom in WA – why, how, and what now?
- How to read a certificate of title, including encumbrances such as caveats, notifications and restrictive covenants and surveys such as Deposited Plans, Diagrams, Strata Plans and Survey Strata Plans.
- Buying entities – what if you get it wrong or the buyer wants to change the contract?
- Knowledge is power – how well do you or should you know your clients?
- An insider’s guide to the small steps that make a massive difference.
- Presented by Valerie Haskins, one of WA’s most experienced and respected settlement agents.
Digital Delight: Internet security changes every day. Hear about today’s attacks and defences from WCPT’s digital guru Liam Crank.
Stress-free Strata: In 2020 the changes become law, meaning our training shifts from overview to operational realities: including new disclosure forms, compulsory reserve funds and educational requirements for strata managers.
Selling Under the Hammer - 7 Elective CPD Points
When it comes to the relevance of auctions in WA, judgements are firm: and if you are seriously pro-auction, chances are you’re a member of a rather petite club. But changes in market conditions and consumer preferences generate demand for new and different ways of doing things. This 7 hour session takes an unbiased view on the relevance, risk and reward of the auction, as well as other sales strategies available to consumers.
Compare and Contrast: Auctions and Private Treaty Sales
- Advantages and disadvantages of both
- The mechanics of the process
- Assessing suitability: property and client
- Pricing strategies
- Date strategies
- What the law says
- Is an auction for them or for us?
- Why industry uptake matters
- Is WA unique?
Strata Basics - 3.5 Elective CPD Points
This session is suitable for anybody who seeks a better understanding of dealing with strata property in WA including sales people, property managers and property owners. The session will include a series of case studies that allow participants to apply their newly acquired knowledge in the practical application of reading strata plans.
The session will cover introductory information including:
- Strata terminology
- How to read a strata plan
- Lot vs Pt Lot vs Common Property
- Built form strata vs survey strata
- Unit entitlement
- What is the difference between a strata company, council and manager?
- Strata disclosure requirements
- By-laws vs house rules
Strata Reform 2020 - 3.5 Elective CPD Points
WA now has more that 300,000 strata properties; this asset class is growing in occurrence and complexity. Profound changes to strata legislation have commenced in 2020: if 2019 strata training was about understanding the ‘why’ of proposed changes, 2020 strata training is about knowing the ‘how’ of these brand-new laws. Looking for a simple, up-to-date summary of the changes that have passed – and the changes required of you? This is that session.
Better buyer information
- 4 disclosure forms: what do they look like?
- I’m a rep: what are my responsibilities to the buyer?
- What are the circumstances where a buyer can avoid the contract?
- A legislated framework of responsibilities
- Requirement for a management contract
- Requirement for a trust account
- Minimum education requirements
- How are by-laws clearer and fairer?
- Which by-laws are locked in and cannot be changed?
- What’s the difference between a Governance and Conduct by-law?