Updated Terms & Conditions regarding COVID-19
Our updated terms and conditions
Our terms and conditions are required to be different when changes to our events are forced due to a government ban. Government bans make it an offence for us to proceed with our events.
Where an organiser cancels an event, the Australian Consumer Law requires businesses to provide remedies to their consumers. In this case WCPT is dedicated to remedy any cancelled or rescheduled events by the rebooking or replacement of the effected events with:
- An event at a later date and/or,
- The replacement with live facilitated online training and/or,
- Online learning.
Our conferences will go ahead. The format and/or date and times may be subject to change. In the case of changes, WCPT will provide remedies to our customers in accordance with the above policies.
CoursesReal Estate Registration Course - The nationally recognised units of competency that make up this course are part of a skill set taken from the Certificate IV in Property Services (Real Estate) – CPP40307 as part of the CPP07 – Property Services Training Package. This course will give you the educational requirement to be registered as an unrestricted sales representative by the Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety (DMIRS) and work as either a sales representative or property manager in Western Australia. Units of Competency CPPDSM4080A - Work in the real estate industry CPPDSM4007A - Identify legal & ethical requirements of property management to complete agency work CPPDSM4008A - Identify legal & ethical requirements of property sales to complete agency work CPPDSM4003A - Appraise property CPPDSM4012A - List property for sale CPPDSM4014A - Market property for sale CPPDSM4022A - Sell and finalise the sale of property by private treaty. Class Duration - 9am – 5pm Course Duration - 4 Days; generally a Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday Enrolment Duration - 6 Months; extensions may be provided (fees may apply) Expected Completion - Most people hand in their assessments 2 to 3 weeks after finishing the in-class component of the course. However, you can take as long as you need within your enrolment. Assessment - Includes workbook via tutorial & assignment outside of class/video tutorial. Delivery - In-class or online video content Location - Joondalup or online Property Manager Registration Course - The nationally recognised units of competency that make up this course are part of a skill set taken from the Certificate IV in Property Services (Real Estate) – CPP40307 as part of the CPP07 – Property Services Training Package. This course will give you the educational requirement to be registered as a restricted sales representative by the Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety (DMIRS) and work as a property manager in Western Australia. Units of Competency CPPDSM4007A – Identify legal and ethical requirements of property management to complete agency work CPPDSM4010A – Lease property CPPDSM4011A – List property for lease CPPDSM4013A – Market property for lease CPPDSM4016A – Monitor and manage lease/tenancy agreements CPPDSM4080A – Work in the real estate industry Course Duration - Roughly 16 hours of video content, with self-paced assessment. Enrolment Duration - 6 Months; extensions may be provided (fees may apply) Expected Completion - Most people hand in their assessments 2 to 3 weeks after finishing the in-class component of the course. However, you can take as long as you need within your enrolment. Assessment – Includes workbook via tutorial & assignment outside of class/video tutorial. Delivery – In-class or online video content Location – Joondalup or online CPP50307 Diploma of Property Services (Agency Management) – There are 26 nationally recognised units of competency within the Diploma. This course will give you the educational requirement to apply to hold triennial certificate and be licensed as a Real Estate Agent and Business Broker by the Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety (DMIRS) and work in Western Australia. Units of Competency BSBHRM402A – Recruit, select and induct staff BSBFIM501 – Manage budgets and financial plans BSBMGT502 – Manage people performance BSBSMB406A – Manage small business finance CPPDSM4003A – Appraise property CPPDSM4006A – Establish and manage agency trust account CPPDSM4007A – Identify legal and ethical requirements of property management to complete agency work CPPDSM4008A – Identify legal and ethical requirements of property sales to complete agency work CPPDSM4009B – Interpret legislation to complete agency work CPPDSM4010A – Lease property CPPDSM4012A – List property for sale CPPDSM4013A – Market property for lease/sale CPPDSM4015B – Minimise agency and consumer risk CPPDSM4016A – Monitor and manage lease or tenancy agreements CPPDSM4017A – Negotiate effectively in property transactions CPPDSM4018A – Prepare and present property reports CPPDSM4022A – Sell and finalise the sale of property by private treaty CPPDSM4030A – Appraise rural property CPPDSM4046A – Manage tenancy disputes CPPDSM4049A – Implement maintenance plan for managed properties CPPDSM4056A – Manage conflict and disputes in the property industry CPPDSM4079A – Work in the business broking sector CPPDSM4080A – Work in the real estate industry CPPDSM5012A – Develop a strategic business plan in the real estate industry CPPDSM5020A – Manage and monitor effective client service in the real estate industry CPPDSM5032A – Market the agency Class Duration - 9am – 4.30pm Course Duration - 19 class days; generally Tuesday & Wednesday every fortnight. Plus external assignments. Enrolment Duration - 12 Months; extensions may be provided (fees may apply) Expected Completion - We have had some students who have taken on distance units in addition to the classes, and have been able to complete the Diploma as quickly as 4 months. Your pace will depend largely on your external workload and the time you have each week to complete the units. The bottom line is, we are as flexible as possible to your needs to assist you in completing the Diploma according to your desired timeline. The course enrolment is for a period of 12 months. However, you can work at your own pace within your enrolment period. Assessment - Includes 19 modules with workbook & assignment, recognition of prior learning and/or credit transfer. Delivery - In-class and online video content Location - Joondalup, online seminar access, or online
Course FeesIt is a condition of enrolment that all course fees for registration courses and CPD sessions be paid in full, prior to commencement of study with WCPT For the Diploma cours you have choices. You can choose to pay upfront or via a payment plan. If you choose a payment plan, this written agreement must be agreed and pre-authorised as appropriate prior to commencement of study. Note if you have chosen to attend a Try Before You Buy session, this day is payment and obligation free. Your payment obligations will commence from the first paid session following your TBYB. If an invoice is issued by WCPT, it must be paid by the date and terms contained therein.
Schedule of fees
Description & Inclusions
|Combined Registration Course Classroom||$599||Face to Face All Materials Delivered over 4 full days 6 Month enrolment|
|Online Registration Course||$590||Video based online course All Materials 6 Month enrolment|
|Online Property Management Registration Course||$490||Video based online All Materials 6 Month enrolment|
|Cross-grade from Rep – PM||$350||Face to Face - Day 4 of registration course in class and video based online All Materials 6 Month enrolment Not necessary for Rep to do PM cross grade as they hold an unrestricted registration. Would provide participant with knowledge and confidence to complete tasks on the job.|
|Cross-grade from PM – Rep registration.||$350||Face to Face - Day 2 & 3 of registration course in class or video based online All Materials 6 Month enrolment PM registrations are restricted to PM activities. If a PM wishes to become a sales rep, they must have their restriction removed from their registration. This course allows them to do this.|
|Administration Fee for Cancellations||$100 incl. GST||To be paid before re-scheduling|
|CPP50307 Diploma of Property Services (Agency Management)||$3500 Upfront: $3500 Payment plan: $1,166.67 x 3||Face to Face and online All Materials Delivered over 19 full days / online self-paced. 12 Month enrolment|
|Re- enrolments & Extensions|
|Registration Course Extension for assessment submission||$90 incl. GST||30 day extension for submission|
|Registration Course Re-sit within 6 months||$540||Full re-sit in classroom or online access All Materials Four-week extension to complete|
|Registration Course Re-sit within 12 months||$740||Full re-sit in classroom or online access All Materials Four-week extension to complete|
|Course continued….||Amount $||Description & Inclusions|
|Registration Course One particular module or day re-sit||$190||Full day re-sit in classroom or online access With a four-week extension to complete|
|Diploma Course Re-sit within 12 months||Free of Charge||Full re-sit in classroom or online access All Materials 12 Month extension to complete (total 2 year enrolment)|
|Diploma Course Re-sit within 24 months||$2000||Full re-sit in classroom or online access All Materials 12 Month extension to complete (total 3 year enrolment)|
|All course certificates or academic records – official reprint||$20 incl. GST||One official reprint of academic record or course certificate.|
Cancellations and RefundsCourse places are offered on a first come, first served basis and are capped at a maximum head count. As a result, WCPT is restricted in the transfer, cancellation and refund options we can offer to students.
- Domestic study program or training event: if advice of a cancellation is received in writing more than 14 days from the scheduled course commencement date, WCPT will refund the course or event fees. If advice is received within 14 days of a scheduled course commencement date, there will be no refund available: students will be offered a transfer to a suitable alternative, of equal or lesser value.
- Registration Course: Students who have enrolled in a Registration course program will be charged a $100 administration fee, to cover costs associated with enrolment. If advice is received within 14 days of a scheduled course commencement date, there will be no refund available: students will be offered a transfer to a suitable alternative.
- Diploma: Students who have enrolled in a Diploma program will immediately be granted access to classes, course content and trainer support. This enrolment and access to course materials is valid for 12 months. As such, Diploma enrolments cannot be refunded. WCPT will consult with those students facing extenuating circumstances to defer their enrolments where possible.
- International study program or event: if advice of a cancellation is received in writing more than 90 days from the scheduled course commencement date, WCPT will refund the course or event fees, minus a $100 administrative fee. If advice is received within 90 days of a scheduled course commencement date, a refund will not be offered and a transfer will not be available.
- Online study program: Online course fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Any student who withdraws from any WCPT study program or event following its commencement is not eligible for a refund of course fees. Students who fail to attend a study program or event will not be refunded or allocated to another course.
GeneralWCPT reserves the right to cancel, postpone or reschedule courses due to low enrolment numbers or unforeseen circumstances. In cases where a course is already underway, all impacted students will be offered the option to transfer to an alternate course or a refund of fees paid for outstanding/yet to be completed training activities. Where a fee refund is due, such a refund will be provided within 7 days. In the event that a course cannot be delivered due to unforeseen circumstances, and this course has not yet commenced, paid students will be offered a transfer to an alternate equivalent course or a full refund of prepaid fees. In the event that a course cannot be delivered because the RTO closes down, paid students will be offered a full refund of prepaid fees. All information published by WCPT is correct at the time of publication and is subject to change. All efforts will be made to ensure presenters appear as scheduled and content is delivered as advertised, however there are times when changes are unavoidable. WCPT reserves the right to adjust scheduled events, presenters, content and dates at its discretion. WCPT reserves the right to record, via video and/or audio, learning sessions for quality assurance purposes, to support our students and to enable distance and/or online study.
Privacy Information.WCPT uses the information it collects in connection to your enrolment to allow us to deliver services to you and to comply with State and Federal Government reporting requirements. We will use your personal information to:
- Communicate with you about your course of study, your results, your academic record and account, as well as products, services and opportunities available to you that might be of interest to you;
- Carry out administrative matters;
- Maintain your academic record
- Foster alumni relations;
- Fulfil any government requirements (state or federal) relating to your study or our operations as a registered training organisation (RTO).
Code of EthicsWCPT expect all students to behave honestly and with integrity – the same standards we expect of ourselves! For the period of their enrolment in our course / registration at our learning events, all students and participants will:
- Maintain constructive relationships with staff, presenters, lecturers and peers;
- Maintain a professional outlook and commitment to learning;
- Avoid use of inappropriate language and behaviour in communication with staff presenters, lecturers and peers, whether in person or online;
- Maintain high standards of academic integrity and honesty, avoiding any and all attempts to cheat, plagiarise, copy or submit work that is not your own;
- Avoid at all times acts of bullying, harassment or intimidation that at any time interfere with the learning experience of a peer or create an environment that is hostile or offensive to staff, presenters, lecturers or peers.
Suspension and CancellationWCPT have the right to suspend or cancel your enrolment in our courses or registration in our learning programs, due to:
- Failure to comply with our code of ethics
- Academic misconduct
- Failure to pay course fees
- Unsatisfactory course progress
- General misbehaviour.
Nationally Accredited Training – GeneralThe Diploma of Property Services, the Property Management Registration Course and the Real Estate Registration Course are designed for those students seeking accreditation to complete work in the real estate industry in Western Australia. With this in mind, all course content and assessments are based upon Western Australian legislation and designed for a Western Australian audience. For these reasons, enrolment in our nationally accredited course is open to students residing only in Western Australia. Students currently residing overseas with an intention to relocate to Western Australia are encouraged to contact us to discuss their unique personal circumstances. West Coast Property Training takes responsibility for the quality of training and assessment in compliance with the Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015 and issuance of certification meets the AQF certification documentation requirements. In order to meet national requirements, all students must apply for a Unique Student Identifier (USI) at the time of enrolment in a nationally accredited course. Students must attend all classes, whether in person or digitally, and complete all assessments, in order to successfully complete the courses described above. At the time of completing their qualification, all students will be provided with a paper-based academic record of their study. WCPT maintain digital records of student results. Replacement copies of certificates and academic records are available – an administrative processing fee applies.
Nationally Accredited Training – Competency Based TrainingCompetency-based training develops the skills, knowledge and attitudes required to complete a task associated with your current or future role. You will complete and submit for assessment a number of written and oral assignments throughout the course of your study with WCPT. All assessments will be marked by a qualified trainer and assessor. When marking, your trainer and assessor will determine whether you are competent, or not yet competent (‘on hold’) in the learning areas relevant to your unit of study. If you are deemed not yet competent, WCPT will provide written or verbal feedback on the areas of concern that require your further effort in order to demonstrate competency. Once this feedback has been provided, you will be provided with another opportunity to complete the work and demonstrate your understanding of the course content, and be marked competent as a result. If you are unable to complete the assessment to a suitable level of competency the second time, you will be required to re-enrol in the unit of study and retake the requisite classes, in person or online, to expand your competency in the assessment area. Re-enrolment fees will apply in these circumstances.
Nationally Accredited Training – Recognition of Prior Learning and Credit TransferWCPT will recognise all current qualifications conferred by other registered training organisations and will recognise prior learning. In order for prior study or learning to be recognised, students must provide a curriculum vitae outlining relevant skills and experience and produce certified copies of academic transcripts in order to demonstrate proof of their previous study.
- There are circumstances in which students may have already completed a unit of study from the current training package at an alternative registered training organisation. If this is the case and the prior study can be demonstrated via a certified copy of a formal academic transcript, a student will not be required to recomplete this unit of study. Accordingly, fees will not be charged for this unit of study.
- There are circumstances in which a student may have already completed a unit of study from a previous training package. If this is the case, the student may need to complete additional training to bring their competency in line with the current training package. Similarly, a student may have prior work experience that may assist them in demonstrating competency within the training package for the qualification they are completing. The process of demonstrating prior learning is evidence-based, and takes some time to complete comprehensively. WCPT will assist students in compiling applications for RPL, to ensure requirements are met. As such, the course fees for the qualification remain the same, whether a student opts to demonstrate competency via RPL or by completing the relevant assessments.
Nationally Accredited Training – Appealing an Assessment OutcomeAll students who are deemed to have not yet met the competencies of an assessment will be provided with feedback. Before you lodge a formal appeal, we encourage you to speak with your trainer to seek feedback on your assessment performance. It is always our intent to resolve issues to your satisfaction.
- To make an academic appeal, you must complete and lodge an academic appeal in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once we have received your appeal, we will review it. We may request further information to ensure we understand the nature of your appeal.
- You will receive written advice of the outcome within 20 business days of your appeal being lodged with our office.
- If you are unsatisfied with the outcome, you are able to make a complaint.
Nationally Accredited Training – Making a ComplaintBefore you lodge a complaint, we encourage you to speak with your trainer or a WCPT management representative. It is always our intent to resolve any issues to your satisfaction.
- To make a complaint, you must complete and lodge your complaint in writing via email to email@example.com.
- Once we have received your complaint, we will review it. During this process, we will speak with you in detail to ascertain your experience and liaise with the relevant staff members and/or review documentation as required.
- You will receive written notice of the outcome within 20 business days, which will include next steps and any future action to be taken.
- If you are not satisfied with the outcome, it is your right to pursue your case with an external body, who will determine whether WCPT has breached our legal responsibilities with reference to your case.
Language and LiteracyAll course delivery, assessment and instructions are provided in English. There may be the opportunity to provide students with reasonable adjustment to the regular learning process, depending on the support required. Students must identify learning needs at the time of enrolment, to allow WCPT to assess whether a reasonable adjustment to the regular learning process can be made, in support of student needs. Examples of support include adjustment or modification to learning and assessment tasks to accommodate cultural requirements or a disability.